7-1 Final Project Milestone Three: Projections
To complete this assignment, review the prompt and grading rubric in the Milestone Three Guidelines and Rubric document. When you have finished your work, submit the assignment here for grading and instructor feedback.
As you prepare your Milestone Three – Business Opportunities papers this week, I wanted to remind you of a few pointers:
- Review the Milestone Three Guidelines and Rubric (attached).
- Review the sample milestone (attached) and use it as a template for your assignment.
- Continue to refine your use of spelling and grammar as this should be a professional and polished document. Remember to use resources included within Word and online resources such as Grammarly
- Please provide a cover page that includes:
- Your name
- Name of the school
- Name of the course
- Instructor name, and
- Date of submission
- Include page numbers.
- Key factors to cover are
- Project your company’s likely consolidated financial performance for each of the next three years
- Project the company’s likely consolidated financial performance for each of the next three years. Support your analysis with an appendix spreadsheet showing actual results for the most recent year, along with your projections and assumptions. Remember, your supervisor is interested in fresh perspectives, so you should not just replicate existing financial statements: You should add other relevant calculations or disaggregations to help inform decisions.
- Modify your company’s projections for the coming year to show a best- and worst- case scenario
- Modify your projections for the coming year to show a best- and worst-case scenario based on the potential success factors and risks you identified. As with your initial projections, support your analysis with an appendix spreadsheet, specifying your assumptions and including relevant calculations and disaggregations beyond those in existing financial reports.
- Discuss how your assumptions, forecasting methodology, and information gaps affect your projections
- Discuss how your assumptions, forecasting methodology, and information gaps affect your projections. Why are your projections appropriate? For example, are they consistent with the company’s mission and priorities? Aggressive but achievable? How would changing your assumptions change your projections?
- Reference page (in-text citations must match citation list)
- Appendices (Appendices MUST be attached to your original submission)
Throughout your paper, please include the above critical elements and identify the categories with first, second, and third level headings.
I have also attached a sample project paper to guide you. As with the previous Milestones, DO NOT use the final project template that is linked to the rubric as it has not been updated for APA 7th ed. Modify the sample paper and use it as a template. It is recommended to rename and keep the same basic headings as they align with the rubric. Submit this milestone as a standalone assignment.
As a reminder, ensure that you check out and use the resources available to you within the Shapiro Library – MBA 520, Google Scholar, the Online Writing Center, Purdue Owl, Crossref, UlrichsWeb.com, Grammarly, and the tutoring resources available within the Academic Support Center. If you have a question that another student might have please post it in the General Discussion Board Forum. If anything personal comes up please reach out to me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss your need further.