Chief Complaint: “My stomach hurts and wakes me up from my sleep. I find myself belching after meals, and I feel bloated.”
Objective: Blood pressure (BP) 118/70 mm Hg, heart rate (HR) 90 beats/min, respiratory rate of 18 breaths/min, BMI 29.
Please answer the following questions
- What are the differential diagnoses should b considered
- What will laboratory tests help rule out some of the differential diagnoses?
- What is the treatment and specific information on the prescription you will give to this patient?
- What are the potential complications from the treatment ordered?
- What additional patient teaching may be needed?
- What type of specialist will be consulted for this patient