For the final assignment you are to utilize the knowledge gained over the past four weeks to discuss how economics can drive business practices to maximize profitability and environmental protection. For your Final Paper you are to construct a paper of at least six pages that addresses the interaction between business and the environment. To begin, define the concept of a cost/benefit analysis, and discuss the components of such an evaluation. Address what components are needed for a business to complete such an analysis and detail how both the costs and the benefits are generally determined. Additionally, make sure to address how externalities play into cost/benefit analyses. Next, choose one of the companies from the following list:
- Image 4—www.image4.com
- Eden Foods—www.edenfoods.com
- Hayward Lumber Corporation—www.haywardlumber.com
- Ryzex Group—www.ryzexgroup.com
- New Leaf Paper—www.newleafpaper.com
- Seventh Generation—www.seventhgeneration.com
- Stonyfield Farms—www.stoneyfield.com
- The Collins Companies—www.collinswood.com
- American Clay—www.americanclay.com
- Tesla Motors—www.teslamotors.com
- Prometheus Energy—www.prometheus-energy.com
Then you are to research the company selected and discuss how their business strategies utilize techniques that save money and natural resources. As part of this analysis make sure to address the following concepts below:
- Briefly summarize the background and operations of the company including a description of their goals and target market.
- Analyze the environmental sensitivity of the company and specifically discuss what actions the firm is taking to limit their impact on the environment.
- Discuss how the companies utilization of environmentally friendly activities is preserving at least two of the following: energy, water, land, air pollution, water pollution, and waste.
- Provide an economic justification supported by readings from your text that illustrates how the preservation of the resources discussed in section C can lead to a healthier planet and increased profits for the firm.
- Finally, discuss the future outlook for the company, making sure to discuss if their business practices are sustainable against similar corporations that have chosen not to adopt environmentally friendly processes.
Your paper should include an introduction with a developed thesis statement to set up the paper, as well as a concluding paragraph that sums up your discussion. Additionally, your assignment must be at least six double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference page) and be formatted according to APA style (6th ed.) as outlined in the approved APA style guide. You must use your text and at least four additional scholarly sources to provide sufficient detail of the topics listed above. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be at least six double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least four scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
|Need Other Tutorials For ENV 345?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial.
|· ENV 345 Week 1 Assignment ( Valuing the Environment )|