analysis check for Demonstration 8.1 on pages 227 – 228, (36 points):
We reviewed the basic hypothesis procedure for a z-score test in Chapter 8 in class on 3/3/20 and 3/10/20; and most of the later chapter statistical test designs have also been applied to this basic hypothesis testing procedure.
Complete all 6 items below, and write all work as directed;
Be sure to give each item number with an answer that has only one or two words or numerical values as directed below for Demo 8.1. (If more than one answer is submitted for an item, the item will be scored as an incorrect answer.) If you are not sure of an answer, check the information on the reference pages provided or other chapter pages, which can be helpful. Correctly formatted examples: Final Project 1. special training, 2. scores, 3. 65, and so on.
Section A: State some items below that are relevant to the null and alternative hypotheses.
Choose: special training (in reading skills) OR scores (on a standardized test)
(Reference page: 14)
1. The Demo 8.1 independent variable is: __________
2. The Demo 8.1 dependent variable is: __________
Section B: Write the values indicated below that are a part of the formulas and calculations for the z statistic for the hypothesis test. (Reference pages: 65, 94)
3. The Demo 8.1 numerical value of the population mean is: __________
4. The Demo 8.1 numerical value of the population standard deviation is: __________
Section C: State information related to the decision and the conclusion statement regarding the null hypothesis.
5. Would the Demo. 8.1 final obtained z statistic value of 1.67 be in the middle of the distribution on page 228 or in one of the tails of the distribution? Choose/write A or B: __________ (Reference page: 205)
6. According to Step 4 decision and conclusion information on page 228:
Does the Demo 8.1 study indicate a statistically significant effect? (Reference pages: 206, 213 – 214)
Choose Conclusion statement A or B below. Write A or B: __________
A. There is a statistically significant effect.
B. There is not a significant effect.