- Articulate the key elements of health policy formation and the policy making process.
- Analyze major contemporary U.S. health care policy issues.
With the current change in politics with regard to healthcare reform, there has been much discussion and debate on how changes to healthcare will affect Americans.
The purpose of this assignment is for you to take an in-depth look at specific issues as these relate to a proposed reform of the Affordable Care Act.
The Kaiser Family Foundation website – https://www.kff.org/
has a wealth of information on health reform, other major health policy issues, and the principal publicly funded health insurance programs.
Navigate to this site and select one article and provide responses to the following:
- Introduction: Define an issue presented on the Kaiser Family Foundation website – https://www.kff.org/
- Background and discussion
- What was the problem this portion of legislation (reform of the ACA, Medicaid, etc.) attempted to solve?
- Key players and interest groups: Advocates, opponents, stakeholders
- People affected and how
- If applicable, discuss the scope of the issue (local, state, national, international) and your focus (national or state)
- Implementation issues and time line
- Your opinion on the method of resolve. Do you agree or disagree with the proposed recommendations? Explain your position.