Leaders play many roles in the course of discharging their responsibilities. Those roles typically include creating and aligning vision, employing methods of achieving mission critical goals, and evaluating performance. Analyze the psychological aspects of each of these roles of the leader.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Use APA style for this writing assignment.
· This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
In a paper of 1,000-1,250 words, analyze the psychological aspects of key roles of a leader. Include the following in your paper:
1. An analysis of the psychology a leader uses to create and align vision. What considerations must the leader make? How does psychology influence these considerations? How does the leader manage personal emotion during this process?
2. An analysis of the methods leaders employ to achieve mission critical goals. Which methods are the most psychologically beneficial to the followers? Why? Which methods are the most psychologically beneficial to the leader? Why?
3. An analysis of the psychological considerations leaders must manage when evaluating performance. How do these considerations influence the objectivity of the leader? How does a leader manage the emotional aspect of performance evaluation? How do these considerations and emotions differ when the leader is the one being evaluated?
Nowack, K., & Mashihi, S. (2012). Evidence based answers to 15 questions about leveraging 360-degree feedback. Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research, 64(3), 157-182.
Lanigan, M. (2010). Evaluating the evaluator: A case study illustrating three critical mistakes no evaluator should make. Performance Improvement, 49(10), 39-45.
Atwater, L., Roush, P., & Fischthal, A. (1995). The influence of upward feedback on self- and follower ratings of leadership. Personnel Psychology, 48(1), 35-59.