Read the following instructions to complete this assignment:
- Solve problem 56 on page 437 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra. Set up the two ratios and write your equation, choosing an appropriate variable for the bear population.
- Complete problem 10 on page 444 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra.
- Write a two- to three-page paper (not including the title page) that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the example, and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, do the following:
- Set up the proportion for problem 56 on page 437.
- Demonstrate your solutions to problem 56 on page 437 and to problem 10 on page 444, making sure to include all mathematical work and an explanation for each step.
- Identify the form of equation you end up with in problem 10, and explain the relationship between the final coefficient of x compared to the original problem.
- Incorporate the following four math vocabulary words into your paper. Use bold font to emphasize the words in your writing. (Do not write definitions for the words; use them appropriately in sentences describing your math work.)
- Cross multiply
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.