Final Paper Prep
To prepare for your Final Paper (due in Week Five), complete the following written assignment and then submit it to your instructor for feedback.
Topic: Select one of the five topics listed below for your Final Paper topic:
- Nationalism – Discuss the role of nationalism in 20th century Europe.
- Race & Ethnicity – Discuss the role of race and ethnicity in 20th century Europe.
- Genocide – Discuss the emergence and frequency of genocide in Europe during the 20th century.
- Terrorism – Discuss the utilization of terrorism in 20th century Europe.
- Role of Women – Discuss the role of women in 20th century Europe.
Thesis: Develop your thesis statement. This will become the point or perspective you will argue or prove in the paper. Please see the Ashford Writing Center for information on how to develop a solid thesis.
List of sources researched: The purpose of creating a list of sources is to assist you in organizing and evaluating your research. The list should include the following information for each source (minimum of six):
- Name of the source, including the complete bibliographic citation in proper APA format.
- Summary of the source (at least one paragraph), including how the source will contribute to your paper.
For this paper, you need to conduct research in peer-reviewed journals or other sources that are considered to have reliable information. In addition to your required course text, you need at least six professional scholarly sources, three of which must be peer reviewed journal articles. Please visit the Academic Research section on your course homepage (accessible through the Student Responsibilities and Policies tab on the left navigation toolbar) to review what types of materials are, and are not, acceptable for academic, university-level research.
The paper must be two to four pages in length (in addition to a cover page) and formatted according to APA style as outline in the Ashford Writing Center. You must use at least six scholarly sources (at least three of which can be found in the Ashford University Library) other than the textbook to support your claims and subclaims. To further help you in your research for this assignment and for the Final Paper, it is recommended that you view the Resources for Potential Research. Cite your sources in text and on the reference page. For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.