Ashford 7: – Week 6 – Assignment 2
Critical Thinking Questions: Week 6
Read Chapters 26 and 29 from Trends and Issues in Instructional Design and Technology. You will then complete two Critical Thinking Questions from each chapter. You must cite at least two references in addition to the course text. Each question should be addressed with a minimum of 50 words..
- What are the media production skills in highest demand for instructional designers today? What courses are available for you that would strengthen this skill set? What projects could you complete that would strengthen your portfolio? Who are the leading academics publishing in the field of media production in instructional design?
- Reading through the lessons the author offers, which three areas do you think you should focus your attention on most? Prioritize a list of 10 action steps you could take to enhance your proficiency in these areas, and thereby increase your probability of landing the job you want.
- Why has e-learning evolved beyond the need for differentiating labels? In what ways does this evolution present both challenges and opportunities to educators?
- The author sets out to answer the question, “do we have the conceptual models to adapt to ‘the shifting landscape of e-learning’?”. Describe what he estimates as “e-learning’s most powerful and uncultivated feature”. In what ways do you agree or disagree with him?
- Assume you have been told to design a “Twenty-First-Century Learning Course” that incorporates the full range of techniques and technologies that are used today (social networking, collaboration, Facebook, etc.). What are the key characteristics for which you would design, and how would you design for intentional vs. unintentional learning?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.