An investment firm has asked you to evaluate Uber’s legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
Write an interoffice memo in which you:
- Summarize the main principles of agency.
- Analyze the circumstances under which Uber might be liable for the conduct of its drivers.
- Identify the steps Uber can take, if any, to limit its legal exposure for the conduct of its drivers.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Your news brief or memo should include a heading, summary statement, background and recommendations.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
- Analyze and evaluate the employment-at-will doctrine and the statutory protections afforded employees.
- Analyze and evaluate laws and regulations relative to product safety, liability and representations.
- Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.