Part I: Letter to Representative
Your letter should include:
- A description of the social welfare issue
- An explanation of how you want the legislator to respond to the issue (vote, create legislation, hold public hearings, etc.) and why.
- Support of your viewpoints with credible facts and research.
Part II: Explanation (1-2 pages, double-space, APA format)
For this part of the assignment, provide an explanation of:
- Why you selected the issue
- How the issue affects social work
- The reason you chose the specific representative
- The approach you took with the representative (consider the representative’s voting history, political affiliation, and any other factors you considered)
Submit your Assignment.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK10Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 10 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK10Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.