This week, you will apply attachment theory to the case study you chose in Week 2. In other words, your theoretical orientation—or lens—is attachment theory as you analyze the case study.
- Review attachment theory and the following article listed in the Learning Resources: Foley, M., Nash, M., & Munford, R. (2009). Bringing practice into theory: Reflective practice and attachment theory. Aotearoa New Zealand Social Work Review, 21(1/2), p39–47. Retrieved http://dx.doi.org/10.11157/anzswj-vol21iss1-2id318
Submit a 1- to 2-page case write-up that addresses the following:
- Summarize the assumptions of attachment theory in 2 to 3 sentences.
- Identify the problem in your chosen case study to be worked on from an attachment theory perspective.
- Explain how attachment theory defines and explains the cause of the problem in one to two sentences.
- Develop two assessment questions that are guided by attachment theory that you would ask the client to understand how the stress or distress is affecting the client.
- Discuss two interventions to address the problem. Remember, the theory should be driving the interventions. In other words, you would not identify systematic desensitization since this is not an intervention guided by attachment theory.
- Formulate one self-reflective question that is influenced by attachment theory that you can ask yourself to gain greater empathy for what the client is experiencing.
- Explain which outcomes you could measure to evaluate client progress based theory.
Be sure to:
- Identify and correctly reference the case study you have chosen.
- Use literature to support your claims.
- Use APA formatting and style.
- Remember to double-space your pape