- the union has the burden of proof
- the employer has the burden of proof
- both parties have the burden of proof
- neither party has the burden of proof
Question 2.Examples of bad faith during collective bargaining include all of the following EXCEPT __________.
- disagreeing with the other side about terms presented for inclusion in the agreement
- ending meetings early
- wasting bargaining session time on irrelevant matters
- questioning the legitimacy of the union
Question 3.An example of an informal negotiation at a workplace is a(n) __________.
- meeting between a worker and a supervisor to talk about a problem the worker is having with a coworker
- hearing before a tribunal made up of one’s peers to decide a violation of the employer handbook
- meeting with the company’s attorney to discuss a violation of the company policies
- arbitration set up by the employer
Question 4.Resolving matters through informal negotiations only works when __________.
- there is a collective bargaining agreement
- the employee is an at-will employee
- the parties are not firmly entrenched in their beliefs
- the employer is willing to compromise
Question 5.Dispute resolution is a term that commonly means which of the following?
- mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- negotiation, arbitration, and litigation
- negotiation, arbitration, and mediation
- mediation, negotiation, and arbitration
|Need Other Tutorials For BUS 372?
You may click on the links below to go to respective tutorial.
|· BUS 372 Week 1 Discussion 1 ( The Role of Unionization )|