Certified Specialist Intelligence (CSBI) Reflection Parts 1 and 2 of 6
In Week One, you will purchase CSBI study materials. This week you will focus on Domains I and II of the Certified Specialist Business Intelligence (CSBI) Study Materials.
- Sign in with your username and password
- Click My Account
- Click My eLearning
- A new window or tab will open. Find the title of the course “Certified Specialist Business Intelligence” and click Launch/Continue to begin, and complete Domains I and II.
- If you have any questions with this process, contact HFMA’s Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSBI Domain I: Industry Understanding
- HealthCare delivery models
- Key healthcare drivers
- HIPAA/HITECH -PHI
Useful business intelligence requires people with the capabilities to inspect, clean, transform, and model data with the goals of highlighting useful information, suggesting conclusions, and supporting decision-making. We will reference HFMA’s CSBI course throughout this course. The CSBI course presents methods and tools for data review in support of effective information gathering and decision-making in healthcare organizations.
CSBI Domain II: The Business of Providing Healthcare Services
- The three business functions in the context of a healthcare provider organization
- Delivery of Healthcare: A multidisciplinary professional practice involving: clinical, finance, payers (others?); (internal stakeholder analysis; tied to data within each stakeholder channel)
- Understanding financial processes, data available and its use – financial & operational
- Revenue Cycle
- ABC costing
- Budgeting & Planning
- Understanding clinical work & processes, data available & and its use – financial & operational business management
During this course, you will spend two to four hours per week preparing for the CSBI exam, which will be taken in Week Six. As you prepare, you will reflect on what you’ve learned in the form of a journal.
A journal entry containing your reflections on the CSBI content should be submitted for each domain completed. This week, your journal should contain one page on Domain I and one page on Domain II, and should include the following information:
- Title Page according to APA formatting.
- Describe what you learned from the Domain.
- Describe how you may apply the information in your current or future career.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.