Social & Cultural Diversity -Cultural Complexity
- Identify three cultural groups (e.g., gender, ethnic, religious/spiritual, etc.) to which you belong and how the complex nature of these cultural memberships has impacted your development.
- Identify at least two groups for which you seek additional awareness, knowledge, and skills.
- Define the purpose of multicultural competencies.
- Identify how your level of competence may impact your work as an ethical counselor.
Be sure to read all of your fellow classmates’ original posts and respond to more than two (for maximum points) of your classmates’ posts. Your responses should be substantive, meaning they should encourage further dialogue and discussion, encourage your classmates to think about other aspects of the topic, compare your response to your classmates’ responses, or ask a meaningful question to better your understanding. Responses such as “I like/I agree” or “I don’t like/I don’t agree” are not complete enough.
Your discussion posts and all written assignments should reflect graduate-level writing skills and appropriate use of APA style, including in-text citations and references.
Please consider your posts to be more than a mere required assignment. Especially for the weekend format, your online engagement is an opportunity to thoroughly engage with your classmates and instructors in an online format. It is expected that posts/responses will be respectful and substantive.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the module, respond to more than two of your classmates’ posts that differ from your opinion. While responding, comment on how the specific dilemmas identified in their responses address the cultural influences or differences between the human services workers and clients.
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total: