This DB has four parts:
- Review the Terminal Course Objectives, accessed by clicking on the “Course Information” tab at the top of your screen, scrolling down to the “Course Objectives” and then selecting View class objectives. How will accomplishing these objectives support your success in management? What risks or challenges might a manager encounter if they have not mastered these objectives? Explain.
- Strategy is used by leaders to establish the direction an organization will take to achieve or maintain competitive advantage. How is strategy different from an organization’s vision and mission?
- The strategic planning model has four steps: assessments; strategy formulation; implementation of the plan; and evaluation of the results. Explain how this model along with strategic analysis is used to identify and assess an organization’s micro and macro environment.
- How are strategic planning and the analysis process used to facilitate an organization’s ability to initiate, formulate and implement strategies?
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze business situations.
- Apply the standard of APA style to all research and writing tasks.
- Describe common biases in decision making.
- Interpret reflective and expedient decision making.
- Summarize the role of decision making in business.
- Apply principles of quantitative and qualitative research to business cases.
- Appropriately use effective communication techniques.
- Describe the opportunities provided by technology for businesses.
- Explain the roles of emotion and fairness in decision making.
- Recognize situations that present potential ethical issues, and develop solutions for those issues.