Due Week 7 and worth 300 points
For this assignment, continue your role as the administrator of the organization you created for Assignment 1.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Create a mission and vision statement for your organization. Determine three (3) specific strategic goals that align with the ideals in those two (2) statements.
- Recommend one (1) specific adaptive strategy or combination of adaptive strategies that would be most effective in ensuring that the organization achieves its strategic goals. Support your recommendation with examples of the successful application of the recommended strategy or strategies.
- Outline three (3) service delivery and three (3) support components that will be necessary elements of the organization’s value chain geared toward achieving the strategic goals that you identified. Examine, in detail, the main reasons why the delivery and support components of the value chain that you identified are essential to the achievement of the organization’s goals.
- Suggest one (1) specific approach to maintaining the selected adaptive strategy or strategies in order to ensure that the organization achieves its mission and vision.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Differentiate between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Examine the organizational value chain, including the components of the service delivery and support activities.
- Analyze the roles of and the relationships among organizational mission, vision, values, and strategic goals, and why they are called directional strategies.
- Apply analytic skills to define strategic problems, generate and evaluate strategic alternatives, and develop implementation tactics.
- Examine the nature of directional, adaptive, market entry, and competitive strategies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the strategic management of health care organizations.
- Write clearly and concisely about strategic management of health care organizations using proper writing mechanics.