This assignment lets you begin practical consideration of concepts of education and training.
- From your experience, select and narrow a course topic and target audience. Think about a 1-hour course session, or plan for students to study and work for about 1 hour, if self-directed. Create a brief statement of key information, based on your knowledge of the topic, the audience, any problem or opportunity that might be addressed in the course, and the learning environment.
- Create at least 2 correctly written terminal performance objectives, using the ABCD Model approach, that your learners will be expected to meet during the course. Note:Review the Quick Reference Guide to Developing Cognitive Learning Objectives
- Discuss at least 3 ways in which your instructional design project may be different, if you use the competency-based learning model, rather than the more traditional ADDIE model.
- Discuss the advantages and difficulties in using terminal performance objectives that address the affective domain, rather than the cognitive domain.
- Explain how you would use Gagne’s 9 events of instruction with an adult audience, in a face-to-face setting, and compare and contrast your methodology with the use of the model with a group of online high school students.
- What data do you want to study to tell you the effectiveness of an eighth-grade class? Why? What data do you want to study to tell you the effectiveness of a training program for first-line supervisors? Why?
Your response should use an appropriate organization approach and format.
For this assignment only, APA documentation format is not required. Use the proper APA format for any associated references.
Throughout the course, the student should use APA format for both document form and references, unless otherwise instructed.
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Your assignment will be graded in accordance with the following criteria. Click here to view the grading rubric.
There is no additional information to display at this time.
- Extra Credit
- View Assignment Rubric