2. Discuss the meaning and implications of the statement by a Nike representative that “ consumers are not rewarding us for investments in improved social performance in supply chains.”
3. What does it mean to have an industry open- systems approach to social responsibility? What parties are involved? Who are the stakeholders?
4. What is meant by “ leadership beyond borders”?
5. Is it possible to have “ a compatibility of profits with people and planet”? Whose responsibility is it to achieve that state?
6. Research Nike’s CSR actions since this time frame and why it has earned the reputation as one of the world’s foremost organizations in sustainability.