The coefficient of variation and the standard deviation are two measures of variability or dispersion among data values. Provide two different sets of ten data points each as examples. Calculate the standard deviation and coefficient of variation for each data set, being sure to attach your Excel file to show your work. Explain which of the two mentioned measures can more accurately specify which of these two data sets has more variability or dispersion in their data values and why.
Research the method behind the Excel function “QUARTILE.EXC” for calculating quartiles for a given data set. Summarize this method in your own words and discuss how it differs from the method presented in the textbook and lecture.
Respond with thoughtful substantive responses to at least two classmates’ postings.
Draw upon lecture material and required readings as you construct your post. Ensure that your post is well-written and formatted according to the CSU Global Guide to Writing & APA. Your initial post must be supported by at least one credible, scholarly source (Links to an external site.)
Requirements for Discussion Boards
- Utilize and interface with the required readings to analyze and engage the discussion board questions.
- Your initial post should be roughly 200 words (plus or minus 10%). Each subsequent post should be 100 words (plus or minus 10%).
- Include a scholarly source that is not part of the required or recommended readings for this course. The CSU Global Library (Links to an external site.) is a good place to find these sources.
- Format your discussion, including all in-text citations and references, according to theCSU Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.).
- Each discussion board post should cite and engage course content and/or scholarly sources.