WEEK 1 A-C
1a. “An Overview of Human Resources” Please respond to the following:
· Determine at least two roles that human resource management has played in your current or future workplace. Provide specific examples to support your response.
· Analyze key milestones of human resources management illustrated in Table 1.1 in the textbook. Justify at least two laws that you believe are the most critical to health care organizations.
2a.”Current Trends in Health Care” Please respond to the following:
· Determine two aspects of global economic, demographic, and diversity trends that have affected health care human resources management. Provide examples to support your rationale.
· Analyze key trends in health care and determine two factors that cause these trends to affect human resource managers and employees. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
1b. “Legal Framework” Please respond to the following
· Evaluate key features of Title VII, Equal Pay Act, American Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and Health Insurance Portability and Affordability Act in terms of their effects on the Human Health care Management field.
· Predict the next legislative act that you believe will have the greatest impact on HR, managers, and employees. Justify your answer accordingly.
2b. “Ethics and Workplace Bullying” Please respond to the following:
· Suggest two possible strategies to improve ethics codes within health care organizations. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
· Compare and contract key factors that can increase the risk for bullying behavior in the workplace, specifically between physicians and nurses. Propose two methods to reduce common forms of bullying within the health care industry.
1c. “Job Analysis” Please respond to the following:
· Compare and contrast two methods for collecting job analysis data, and then outline the pros and cons of each method. Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
· Evaluate the degree to which the competency model presented in Chapter 3 of the textbook relates to either your current organization or a future organization for which you would like to work. Determine two competencies of the model that you can apply to the organization.
2c. “Job Design, Job Redesign, and Workflow Analysis” Please respond to the following:
· Analyze at least two reasons why job analysis is often described as “the foundation of human resources management.” Provide specific examples to support your rationale.
· From the e-Activity, analyze two strategies to expand services to include long-term care in the organization you have chosen, and then outline a brief workflow analysis for the services in that organization