EDU 648 week 6 final paper
You have been asked to take over an Advanced Placement (AP) course in world history for students in the tenth grade. You are handed several assignment prompts from the previous year and decide that they could use some improvement.
Conduct research on various technologies using your textbook, Teaching and Learning with Technology, the World Wide Web, and the Ashford Online Library. Then, review the assignment prompts below and select at least one technology from your research to incorporate into each of them (totaling three separate technologies). Keep in mind the various learning preferences and types of intelligence as you select your technologies.
The technologies you select should be fully integrated into the assignments, so you will need to edit the prompts. Feel free to be creative in your edits.
- Assignment Prompt One
Discuss the powerful movements that transformed European society during the early modern era. Briefly describe the origin of each, and how it affected society as a whole.
- Assignment Prompt Two
Trace the development of the slave trade. Under what circumstances did the slave trade begin? How did the Islamic Slave Trade change the existing system? How did it change again during the Atlantic Slave Trade? Finally, what impact did slave trade have on Africa and the Western world?
- Assignment Prompt Three
Discuss the emergence of Islam. Who was the founder and what was his background? What are the key beliefs of Islam? Compare it to other religions that existed at the time of its development. What elements are similar? What elements are unique to Islam? Trace the spread of the religion. How did it absorb other cultures? In turn, how did it influence others?
Options of Technologies to Incorporate
- Brainstorming/Concept-mapping tools
- Computers (individual or part of network)
- Database Management Systems
- Educational Games
- Electronic Spreadsheets
- Illustration Software
- Internet video
- R.S.S. feeds
- Search engines
- Special needs software
- Touch screens
- Virtual Reality
- Web 2.0
- Word Processors
- World Wide Web
Once you’ve edited the prompts to include your selected technology, write a paper that includes the revised prompts and an evaluation of the process. Your Final Paper will contain two elements.
- Revised assignment prompts:
- Revise each prompt to incorporate technology.
- Evaluate the process of incorporating technology into these learning activities by addressing the following elements for each of the three technologies you selected::
- Summarize the research findings pertaining to the selected technology, as it relates to teaching and learning.
- Identify which type(s) of intelligence you expect each assignment and the corresponding technology to support.
- Explain why you selected the technology for this particular assignment.
- Describe what you hope to accomplish through this technology, in terms of teaching and/or learning.
- Describe what challenges you expect to encounter when using this technology.
Your paper should be ten to twelve pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and should cite at least five sources, including the text. Your title page, reference page, and evaluation should be formatted to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center or your APA Manual.
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, including the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include separate reference page(s), formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.