Explain how regulations impact health care organizations
Unit 7: 450 Assignment
Course outcome assessed in this Assignment:
Techniques and Tools for Strategic Management in Healthcare
· HS450: Apply tools and techniques in the management of quality and performance in a healthcare setting.
· Explain how regulations impact health care organizations.
· Describe the policy and operational context of health care regulations.
· Explain how regulatory compliance will affect health care organizations’ strategic decision making.
· Formulate strategies to ensure regulatory compliance.
You have been appointed as lead project manager for the implementation of a new EHR system in a large multi- campus hospital system. The CEO and Board of Directors have asked you to provide information regarding the methods by which you will ensure successful adoption of the new information system. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this assignment.
Discuss the relationship between health care regulation compliance and quality management. Demonstrate the quality management tools that could be used as process control techniques to support compliance efforts. Select two (2) quality management tools (e.g., control charts, Pareto charts, fishbone diagrams). Provide a visual example for each tool selected, and, in an executive summary for the CEO and Board of Directors, describe how each tool can be used to inform internal policies, processes, and organizational structure decision making.
Develop a plan to measure and manage performance during the transition to the new EHR. Compare at least two (2) benchmarking techniques (e.g., productivity standards, report cards, dashboards, etc.) and provide a visual example for each technique used. Differentiate between internal and external benchmarking. Discuss how benchmarking techniques are used to comply with health care regulations and improve organizational performance.
Demonstrate workflow concepts that would assist in managing the transition to the new EHR system. Examine at least two (2) workflow concepts (e.g., use cases, top down diagrams, swim lane diagrams, etc.). Provide a visual example of each and discuss its use in supporting internal policies, processes, and organizational structure decision making.
Demonstrate project management techniques that you would use for the EHR transition to ensure efficient workflow and appropriate outcomes. Select at least two (2) techniques (e.g., Gantt charts, benchmarking, risk analysis) for interpretation. Provide an example of each and discuss how the two project management techniques can be used to achieve outcomes that ensure regulatory compliance.
· Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
· The body of your document should be at least 1500 words in length.
· Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
· 1 of those sources must come from the book!!
Link from the Book: Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare
· Student applies quality management tools in healthcare organizations. 50 Points
· Student constructs quality performance management measures for healthcare organizations. 50 Points
· Student demonstrates effective workflow concepts in strategic decision making. 50 Points
· Student applies project management techniques to facilitate achievement of appropriate workflow and compliance outcomes. 50 Points