This unit will focus on the Fantasy genre. The notes for the unit involve how to re-vision something that was already created. The Part 1 focuses around character and how they affect the story. The Part 2 will have you re-vision the story you wrote for last time.
The reading assignments for this unit are:
- ENGL 1405 Unit 6 – Re-Visioning.
Also, you are responsible for reading ONE of the following:
- The Valor of Cappen Varra by Poul Anderson (https://www.gutenberg.org/files/29542/29542-h/29542-h.htm)
- The Cowardly Lion and the Hungry Tiger by L. Frank Baum
- Hello, Moto by Nnedi Okorafor (http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/11/hello-moto)
- The Fire in Your Sky by Ibi Zoboi (http://crossedgenres.com/archives/033-villains/the-fire-in-your-sky-by-ibi-zoboi/)
- The Wicker Husband by Ursula Willis-Jones (http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/WickHusb726.shtml)
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber (http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1939/03/18/the-secret-life-of-walter-mitty-2)
- Alice’s Adventures Underground by Lewis Carroll
- Jeremy and the Magic Lobster by Matthew Licht (http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/JereMagi942.shtml)
- Rip Van Winkle by Washington Irving (http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stories/UBooks/RipVan.shtml)
- Conan and the Castle of Terror by L. Sprague de Camp and Lin Carter