Illustrate the lack of intercultural communication by clearly defining cultural patterns (theories, identity, and bias, for example) and communication devices (such as communication foundations and taxonomies) between two cultures. Select one or two intercultural communication theories needed to address and possibly resolve the example you have given.
Include answers to the following questions in your paper:
- How do the two countries differ in their cultural patterns? How does communication play a role in each culture?
- What communication devices were used by both parties in this example?
- How did these devices work or not work in this particular intercultural communication example?
- What key intercultural communication theorist would you enlist to help solve this intercultural communication problem? Summarize the position of your selected theorist and explain how their ideas might apply to the situation.
- What approaches or theories may work to resolve your poor intercultural communication example?
Utilize at least two external peer-reviewed sources.