Individual Case Study: Hiring Practices
- Select one of these two cases for your individual case study:
- Nkomo 38. Case: A Solution for Adverse Impact (p. 118)
- Nkomo 40. Exercise: Evaluating the Recruiting Function (p. 123)
- Review the Learning Resources that provide information on how to complete the calculations relevant to your chosen case.
- For Nkomo 38. Case, this includes information on adverse impact in the textbook and optional study notes.
- For Nkomo 40. Exercise, this includes information on how to calculate selection and acceptance rates on pp. 211–212 of your Mathis text.
- Locate at least one external resource from a Library or the Internet to help with analysis of your chosen case.
- Review the Job analysis homepage.
Submit by Sunday 7-31-16 a paper (500–700 words) that includes the following:
- Calculations relevant to your case study:
- For Nkomo 38 Case; this includes adverse impact
- For Nkomo 40 Exercise; this includes selection and acceptance rates for the position (you do not need to calculate the other yield rates on page 211 of the Mathis text)
- Answers to the questions associated with your case that meet the following requirements:
- Double-spaced paragraphs
- The question used as the header for each answer
- APA style format
- Support from external sources with correct APA citations
- An APA reference list
- Two job-related interview questions based on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other characteristics (KSAOs) associated with your case and an explanation of how the questions relate to the KSAOs