Compare and contrast of the following leaders’ social, political and economic agendas with regard to their neoliberal approach to government in their respective countries:
- Fernando Collor de Mello; Fernando Henrique Cardosa; Lula da Silva (Brazil)
- Bartolome Mitre; Domingo Faustino Sarmiento; Carlos Saul Menem; Fernando de la Rua; Alejandro Rodriguez Saa; Eduardo Duhalde; Nestor Kirchner; Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner (Argentina)
- Alberto Fujimora; Alejandro Toledo; Alan Garcia (Peru)
- Salvador Allende; August Pinochet; Patricio Aylwin; Eduardo Frei; Ricardo Lagos; Michelle Bachelet (Chile)
- Guadalupe Victoria; Valentin Gomez; Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna; Benito Juarez; Ernesto Zedillo; Felipe Calderon; Andres Lopez Manuel Obrador (Mexico)
discuss what the permanent long-term U.S. Objectives in Latin America were, and how successive U.S. governments sought to achieve them before 1898; between 1898-1933; after WWII; during the Cold War; and since 1981?
Please be sure to attend to period referenced.