1. How did the Erie Canal and canals in general alter transportation in America? How did the Erie Canal transform New York City?
2. Explain Jackson’s Indian removal process. What fate finally befell the Southeastern tribes?
3. How did the Whig party come to be? What did they stand for and what was the log cabin campaign? What was the campaign’s significance?
4. Who was William Lloyd Garrison and what did he profess? Why were many Northerners upset with him and what did they argue instead?
5. Explain and describe the war with Mexico, 1846-1848. In terms of both the historical time period, 1846-1848 and the present-day time period. Would you have been for or against the war?