(1) Identify and explain in some detail the causes for congressional gridlock and any solutions you come across in doing your research.
(2) Provide at least two examples of how gridlock in recent years has prevented the passage of specific pieces of legislation intended to address one or more of our nation’s most pressing problems. These problems include infrastructure, tax reform, immigration, healthcare, entitlement reform, gun violence, income stagnation, global climate change, budget deficits, the national debt and a strong national defense and other major issues upon which the two political party have differing positions and seem unable to reach a legislative compromise that become law.
- 4-5 double spaced pages of text
- Write in complete sentences and paragraphs. Bullet points or lists will not be accepted.
- Be original – All papers submitted in this class are reviewed via Turnitin.com, a proprietary software database that identifies unoriginal material in papers. Please review the syllabus statement regarding the penalty for plagiarism. Your instructor can provide you with additional information.
- Refer to the GUIDELINES FOR WRITING ASSIGNMENTS content page for additional writing assignment criteria.