Upon completion of this first of three parts to your Integrative Paper, you will have laid the foundation of systems theories and models that you will apply to a problem or innovation opportunity at a health care organization of your choosing.
Read the Integrative Paper Guidelines to prepare you for this set of three assignments during this course.
Choose 2 topics from the list of systems theories and conceptual models below:
- – General systems theory
- – Chaos theory
- – Complexity theory
- – Learning organization theory
- – Systems model of change
- – Viable systems model
Write a 900 -1,050 word paper in which you do the following:
- Describe each of the 2 selected theories/models including an overview and details in the form of key elements and relationships between the elements. Visual depictions are encouraged.
- Compare and contrast the 2 selected theories/models. Consider the following:
- -What phenomenon or phenomena is the theory or model addressing?
- – How are the elements of each theory/model similar? How do they differ?
- – Where do the theories/models complement one another in explaining organizations as systems?
- – Explain what complex adaptive systems (CAS) thinking is and how the 2 theories/models inform or support CAS. A visual depiction of CAS is encouraged.
Note: This paper will become the â€œBreadthâ€ section of your final integrative paper.
Support your descriptions and analysis with references to 5 credible sources.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines intext citations and a reference page.