SOCW 6111 Assignment 4: Intervention Treatment Plan
Walden’s MSW program expects students in their specialization year to be able to:
· Critically evaluate evidence based and “best practice” treatment interventions.
· Compose clinical intervention plans that are grounded research-based knowledge
This assignment is intended to help students demonstrate the behavioral components of this competency in their field education
To Prepare: Review the agency’s intervention/treatment plan used to engage clients. After reviewing the agency’s intervention/treatment plan, consult the literature and conduct extensive research, with the goal of finding best practices that supports or adds to the agency’s current intervention/treatment plan. The purpose of this assignment is to find research that supports or adds to the agency’s current intervention/treatment approach.
Submit a 1-2 page paper in which you:
1. Briefly describe the agency’s intervention/treatment plan
2. Briefly discuss best practices about interventions identified in the literature
3. Briefly discuss how the agency can incorporate those best practices into the current intervention/treatment plan
4. Provide a brief summary of the similarities and differences between the intervention/treatment plan used at the agency and the suggested practices in the literature
Note: If no formal process is used in the agency, discuss the agency’s current process and compare it to the suggestions in the literature.