Use the following 8 questions during your interview and create 2 (or more!) questions of your own that you believe are important for the position.
- Name, position held, company, and how long have they worked for this company/organization/agency? Attach business card and/or contact information.
- What is the company/organization/agency’s mission statement or philosophy?
- What are the minimum qualifications for the position?
- Which aspects about the position do you enjoy the most? Which do you enjoy the least?
- Does the company/organization/agency that you work for provide in service education/training for its employees and do they offer continuing education programs? If so, what have you attended recently?
- Why do you believe that you were selected for your current position?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
- What advice would you give to someone like me whose career objective is to _________________________? *Don’t forget to fill-in the blank!
- and 10. You will need to make up two open-ended questions of your own.
- Please make sure that these are appropriate (Example of an inappropriate question to a dental hygienist: “Have you ever had patients with really bad breath?”)