..Does community have the required medical resources to handle the patient’s problem?
- How would the patient’s care be handled in your community? Identify the nearest hospital to the area you have chosen that treats the problem. Trace the patient’s course to this hospital.
- List the healthcare professionals and facilities that would be encountered on the way.
- Compare any two insurance plans and choose the one that would offer the most to the patient
- Discuss the essential quality-of-care issues involved in this ca
- se. is the role of Telemedicine in your community and how do you access it? How does it affect the quality of care?
Standard Performance Measures
Standard performance measures are a way of collecting data across similar functions, processes, costs, and providers. Benchmarking against these standards has proven to be useful in healthcare as a tool to measure many facets of quality. Carefully evaluating these measures allows for management to design appropriate programs to assist with healthcare service needs and patients to make decisions about facility and provider services. Best Doctors, Inc. and WebMD are examples of these tools. Your discussions will focus on the use of information from these websites to make healthcare decisions.
Using the South University Online Library or the Internet, research about these measures and how they allow management to design appropriate programs to assist with healthcare service needs.
Based on your readings and research, answer the following:
- Present a brief overview of the purpose for each of the Best Doctors, Inc. products. How are the “Best Doctors” of each type determined? Click here to visit the official Best Doctors website.
Next, click here to read a case study about Mary Jones.
Mary faced several challenges in her ordeal, mainly dealing with her diagnosis and treatment. This was a result of her ability to seek additional assistance and to find diagnosis. She reviewed the WebMD website for additional data and other specialty physician sources. Click here to visit the official WebMD website.
- Do you feel this could have been addressed differently? Why?
- Based on the information presented in this case, what are your observations about current consumer involvement in healthcare? What does this case teach about the use of computers to seek healthcare information?