The Part 1 essay must be a minimum of 300 words TOTAL for all three answers. A reference citation must be included.
PART I: The Medical Record Management System your office implements is only as good as the ease of retrieval of the data in the files. Organization and adherence to set routines will help to ensure that medical records are accessible when they are needed.
- Why do medical records exist? (See Chapter 14, page 251 of your text.)
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of establishing and maintaining electronic health records (EHRs). (See Chapter 14, page 252 of your text.)
- Discuss and explain the five basic filing steps. Include why each is important (conditioning, releasing, indexing, etc.). (See Chapter 14, pages 271 and 272 of your text).
- Download the Filing Medical Records Template from Doc Sharing.
- Place the names in the template in the correct alphabetical filing order.
- Use the following format: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME (e.g., CLAIRE, JENNIFER).