Course: LITR 4335- American Modernism
*5 page min. 10 page max.
Details and further instructions are posted in the files attached below!
*You will present and defend a thesis with regard to one or more of the texts for the class. You may discuss either the formal aspects of your chosen text(s), their contents, or both. Sample topics will be provided, but you can follow your own interests.
Topic: Flexible as long as it is from any of the texts/editions below:
– Cain, James M. Mildred Pierce. [1941.] Vintage, 1989.
– Cather, Willa. The Professor’s House. [1925.] Vintage, 1990.
– Faulkner, William. Go Down, Moses. [1942.] Vintage, 1991.
– Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby. [1925.] Scribner. 2004.
– Miller, Arthur. Death of a Salesman [1949.] Penguin, 1976.
– Toomer, Jean. Cane. [1923.]. Ed. Rudolph P. Byrd and Henry Louis Gates, Jr. 2d ed., Norton, 2011.