If you have trouble selecting a topic fell free to use the link below to browse some ideas.
- This is NOT a report, you must form a thesis statement and write an argumentative paper. I highly recommend that you view the sample paper provided as well as the other supplemental materials to help you.
- Your short paper must be at least three double-spaced pages of text
- You should use Times New Roman with a font size of 12
- You must use a minimum of two academically credible sources
a. Do NOT use online encyclopedia, wiki sites, ask.com or other types sites as sources for you paper. I HIGHLY recommend you use the online APUS library for your credible sources. If you use online source please use university sites (sites ending with .edu) or other site with like reputations
- Citations and Reference Style: Students can use any citation style they feel comfortable using. That includes MLA, APA, Turabian or Chicago. The only requirement is that you remain consistent with one style throughout your entire paper.
The short paper needs to be turned in through the assignment section for grading. If you use any of the information from your sources word-for-word, you must cite the source by using endnotes or footnotes. If you read the information and write it in your own words and it is not common knowledge, then you must cite the source because you are paraphrasing someone’s information.
The short paper must include a cover page with your name, course number and course title, instructor’s name, and date. You must also include a bibliography at the end of your paper. While composing your paper, use proper English. Do not use abbreviations, contractions, passive voice, or first/ second person (I, you, we, our, etc). Before submitting your paper, check your grammar and use spell check. Remember, the way you talk is not the way you write a paper. Please label your paper as follows: lastnamefirstnameHIST102ShortPaper.