practice creating visuals using the data from the topic you chose in Week 2
The purpose of this assignment is to have you practice creating visuals using the data from the topic you chose in Week 2. Creating charts and trendlines are important skills used in many careers.- I chose health services and nursing scenario
Watch How to Create Trendlines and Scatterplots in Excel®.
Watch Week 4 Lynda.com® Video: Data-Analysis Fundamentals with Excel.
Create at least two visuals using your data from the data you chose in Week 2.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply a linear model (also known as a regression) in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply an exponential model in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Determine whether the linear or the exponential model is a better representation of your data to base your prediction on. Explain why the model you chose is a better representation of your data.
Hints for Making an Effective Chart:
- Decide why you are making a chart from this data.
- Title each chart so that it aligns with the data and selected model.
- Create descriptive labels for both the x- and y axes.
- Resize the chart as needed so it can be viewed easily.
Your assignment will be graded using the Week 4 Grading Guide.