Watch a film and write an analytical paper of at least one page (12pt font) single spaced (or two pages double spaced) on some aspect(s) of psychological theory you notice during the film. These films include but are not limited to: Rainman, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, As Good As It Gets, Sybil, A Beautiful Mind, Proof, Ordinary People, The Madness of King George, Forrest Gump, The Aviator, Girl Interrupted, The Madness of King George, Crash, The Glass Menagerie, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Mommie Dearest, Kramer vs. Kramer, The Soloist, etc.
Please address the following topics within your paper:
- Who are the main characters in the film?
- What disorder(s) or conflict(s) is/are portrayed in the film?
- What are the symptoms of the disorder(s)?
- What types of therapy or assistance are offered in the film? Could those techniques be used today? Could they be used in the manner they were used?
- How were the problems resolved?
- Were there any other ways to help the characters besides those shown in the film?
- Are there any modern techniques that might also have been beneficial to treating the characters or addressing their problems?