As a counselor, it is crucial to understand the scope of practice related to your license. The jurisdiction in which you practice will determine the breadth of actions or skills you may use.
Develop an 8- to 10-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you:
- Choose a state where one of your team members lives. – TEXAS
- Research the requirements necessary to apply for a professional counseling license as listed on the state board’s licensure website. Briefly list the requirements and summarize them in your speaker notes. Include the state board’s website. – TERESA
- Research and define the scope of practice for licensed counselors in the state you chose. What can counselors legally do in clinical practice in this state?
- Research and define the scope of practice for one other mental health profession in your state (licensed marriage and family therapist, social worker, psychologist, and so on). – LAURA
- Compare and contrast the scope of practice for licensed counselors and the other mental health profession you researched. (2 slides) – LAURA
- Introduction & conclusion slide – TERESA
I have attached the template for the PowerPoint. You will notice that one of the bullets has no name, this is our third team member who has not replied yet. If she does not, since I am team lead, this will be responsibility as well. Only the bullets with my name in bold is needed, for now, but may need empty one as well. I will keep you posted.