0 0 admin admin2020-07-27 10:37:452020-07-27 10:37:45speech010 journal 1
How to Complete the Journal
- Answer each of the following questions using complete sentences.
- Answers must be identified by using a different color ink.
- Be sure to answer each question completely and work to incorporate material from the text, course exercises and discussions.
- Answers must integrate course terminology and personal experience.
- All journals must be submitted on Canvas.
- Please use the following format to type your responses following each question. Review the Chapter Journal Grading Rubric.
What is your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?
- Take the Myers-Briggs Personality Test. It should be 72 questions.
- This is the link: (Links to an external site.)http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp (Links to an external site.)
- Read the meaning of your assessment in detail at this link: http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html (Links to an external site.)
- For the writing section: For your results, discuss how you came to believe you have those traits. Be sure to include terms from the textbook to help you explain your self-concept development.
Here are some guiding suggestions/questions for your journal:
- Identify a specific person or event that help develop each of the four letters of your self-concept.
- Whose self-concept do you influence? Explain how the socialization process shape the self-concept. Describe at least three instances in which your communication has affected the self concept of another person.
- Provide three examples that illustrate how your personality characteristics affect how you communicate with others. How can you attribute the interactions to a particular communication trait?
- Are there benefits or drawbacks to having specific personality traits? How do you feel about your results for the Myers-Briggs Personality test? Do you agree or disagree? Explain why.
- Which personality trait, if any, do you wish to manage to improve your interactions with others? Explain.