- Please read & follow all directions for this assignment.
- The Term paper is worth a total of 20 points.
- See Syllabus Page 2 for Due Date Information.
- Do NOT submit paper before you fully understand terminology required. Do not submit your paper if it does not include in-text citations. Please visit https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/ for detailed explanation of MLA citation methods.
TO SUBMIT YOUR ASSIGNMENT:
- Scroll to the bottom of the this page.
- Follow the instructions for submitting your writing assignment.
- No assignments will be accepted by email.
- Complete your assignment using a word-processing software such as Microsoft Word and Open Office (download free software at ).
- Submit your assignment through the proper link located BELOW.
This SINGLE assignment has two parts, to be completed as ONE document.
PART 1: QUESTION & ANSWER 10 pts.
Choose ONE visual artist that were BORN after January 1, 1900 from your book and answer the 6 questions below in a CRITIQUE ESSAY.
- INELIGIBLE artists include: Filmmakers (including animators), performance artists, actors, graphic designers, craft artists and architects. Artist works should be in a visual media such as painting, sculpture, mixed media, installation, drawing….
- Ineligible websites: Wikipedia.org, artsy.net, artcyclopedia.com…. (or any other “general” art site) or any site that is a “sale site”
- Artists that work as a team count as a single artist.
- Points will be deducted for missing or incomplete responses to ALL SIX QUESTIONS.
- If you have any questions about your selected artist, please email me.
- Artist name, year of birth, country of birth and PAGE artist is found in your text book (1 pt.)
- Complete website where you found information about the artist. This website must be an “informational” site that is specific to your artist. (1 pt)
- What is his/her primary media? (1 pt)
- List TWO locations where the artist work is currently displayed or was recently displayed. Be specific. (2 pts)
- Write a short paragraph about why this artist interests you. For full credit your response must be at least 60 words. (2 pts)
- Locate on the Internet one piece of the artist’s work that is not found in A World of Art. Then- IN YOUR OWN WORDS – Fully describe its media (form / materials) and content (meaning / story). Include the full website where you found the piece. For full credit, your response must be at least 60 words. (3 pts)
PART 2: SHORT ESSAYS 10 pts. (5 pts. per topic)
Points will be deducted for incorrect grammar and spelling.
- Write your response in essay format.
- For full credit- your response to each question / topic must be more than 300 words AND include quotations and in-text citations.
- Please re-write the question /topic that you are responding to.
- Sayre names seven major themes in Art. Define four and cite examples of each from your book which are not found in Chapter 21.
- Discuss the four “roles of the artist”. Cite an example of each from your book not found in Chapter 1.
- Give an overview of the ways in which painting has been combined with other media. Use an example not found in the text.
- Describe the different ceramic methods and materials. You may us