Week 4 – Assignment
This assignment is another opportunity to complete part of your final assignment: the peer review. In thisassignment you will be discussing and visually representing your knowledge of data collection tools in the action research proposal process. This assignment supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 3.
This assignment is your chance to get creative. There are two parts to this assignment.
In your paper,
Part One:Using a visual tool such as Smore or EDraw Max, create a visual with the following:
- Types (4 points): Depicts the different types of qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques.
Part Two:Provide a separate document that includes the following:
- Characteristics (2 points): In one page discuss each type of data collection, paying attention to the characteristics of each type (accuracy, credibility, dependability, validity, and reliability).
- Report Out (2 points): Skim your action research report, chosen in Week Two, for the types of data used. Describe in at least one page the different types of data chosen and report out on the findings.
The Visual Interpretation Assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Visual Interpretation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Next Steps: Review and Submit the Assignment
- Review your assignment with the Grading Rubric to ensure you have achieved the distinguished levels of performance for each criterion. Next, submit your document no later than Day 7.
The MAED and MASE programs provide the opportunity for you to create an online portfolio that can be used in your career development and professional practice. Throughout your respective program you will have various assessments that can be included in this e-portfolio, and these will be finalized in the final capstone course, Capstone 2: Culminating Project, EDU696. You may select this assignment and subsequent coursework to include as work samples. Therefore, it is strongly encouraged you save your coursework on a flash-drive (e.g., a USB removable drive) or store in a cloud-based option such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or other similar applications.
Success Tip: Be mindful of the Week Six Final Project. The Week Six project involves conducting a mock peer review. Preparation for this assignment must begin early to make certain you are planning ahead and saving your work. Review the full instructions for the week six assignment for specific information.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.