Answer:The following instructions contain information about your goal statement, which is a required part of your application to Walden University. Please focus only on the information requested about you, your background, and your future goals. You are strongly encouraged to carefully proofread, grammar check, and spell check your goal statement. Overall writing presentation and clarity are very important.
Name: You must provide your full name (first and last) on your goal statement for it to be accepted by admissions.
Degree and concentration: You must clearly indicate to which degree program you are applying as well as the concentration you wish to pursue within that degree program.
Content: There are five sections described below. Please include the following information when preparing your goal statement. While not required, we strongly suggest that you format your goal statement by heading each section with the headings shown below. Write your information in paragraph form and do not use bullet format under the section headings.
Please note that applicants with incomplete goal statements will not be considered for admission.
- Why are you interested in the Master of Social Work (MSW) program at Walden University and what are your plans after you receive your degree?
- What influenced you to choose the field of social work?
- Describe your previous undergraduate and graduate academic experience; if you do not have a background in social work or a related field, you may want to explain how you plan to apply your prior academic skills to social work.
- You may include any experiences (e.g., study abroad, unique work or research experience) that influenced your choice of the MSW program at Walden University.
- Explain any inconsistencies in your academic record or work experience. If your GPA is not what you would have liked, explain special personal, physical, or family circumstances that may have adversely affected your GPA.
- What is your prior work experience? Include any volunteer work and/or extracurricular activities that complement your career decision. If you do not have any relevant experience, you should indicate this.
- Include in this section personal qualities (e.g., interpersonal skills, team work skills, etc.) you possess that you believe will contribute to your success in your field and graduate study.
- Indicate why Walden would be a good match for you and your future goals.
- What interested you about Walden (this could include courses, faculty, and / or research projects and facilities)?
- Why are you interested in an online program?