Question 1.Which is NOT one of the tactics used by railroads to get settlers to move to the American West?
- setting up information offices abroad.
- soliciting the services of “independent” observers who wrote about what they saw in the West.
- commissioning painters and photographers to provide romanticized depictions of American Indians.
- using celebrities like Buffalo Bill as endorsers.
Question 2.A person who formulates recommendations and advises management in an organization is fulfilling a ________ function.
Question 3.What is the national median salary average for “experienced” (and more than 20 years in the professional experience) public relations practitioners?
Question 4.All of the following are examples of the public relations emphasis in a large, complex organization EXCEPT:
- news conferences.
- writing executive speeches.
- routine news releases.
- formal contact with the media.
Question 5.According to Suzanne Zoda, all of the following are recommended in risk communication EXCEPT?
- begin early and initiate a dialogue with publics.
- actively hide your concerns.
- understand the needs of the news media.
- anticipate and prepare for hostility.
Question 6.Question :In this response, the crisis minimized with a statement that no serious damage or injuries resulted. Sometimes, the blame is shifted to the victims, as was the case in the Firestone recall?
- attack the accuser.
Question 7.What does not explain a changing focus in public relations?
- The field of public relations has broadened far beyond the concept of media relations.
- The growth of public relations as a career field distinctly separate from journalism has spawned.
- The number of public relations jobs is recently stagnating.
- An expanding area of public relations practice is crisis communication counseling, taken in the larger context of strategic management of conflict.
Question 8.Which of the following is NOT one of Grunig’s four models of public relations?
- two-way asymmetric.
- public information.
- press agentry/publicity.
- integrated marketing communication.
Question 9.Grunig’s IABC Foundation research study on “Excellence” notes all of the following about public relations EXCEPT:
- It saves the organization money by reducing costs of litigation, regulation, and legislation.
- It helps the organization make money by cultivating relationships.
- It repairs problems and regains lost revenue from bad relationships with publics.
- It should replace marketing and advertising as financial liaisons for the company.
Question 10.A great American showman, he was responsible for developing the “pseudoevent” (and hyped celebrities such as Jenny Lind):
- Amos Kendall.
- Rex Harlow.
- Phineas T. Barnum.
- Tom Thumb.
|Link to other tutorials for CGD 318, just click on Assignment/Discussion/Quiz name to go to respective tutorial.|
|· CGD 318 Week 1 DQ 1 ( What is Public Relations )|