Referencing the Learning Resources below, choose a question in the research project list below and answer it in relation to an issue in literature and technology that is covered in the learning resources below.
Gregory Heyworth: How I’m discovering the secrets of ancient texts | TED Talk | TED.com : https://www.ted.com/talks/gregory_heyworth_how_i_m_discovering_the_secrets_of_ancient_texts
Brave New World, Plato’s Republic, and Our Scientific Regime | The New Atlantis : https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/brave-new-world-platos-republic-and-our-scientific-regime
Scientists Fallen Among Poets | The New Atlantis : https://www.thenewatlantis.com/publications/scientists-fallen-among-poets
Questions (the research project list)
- What is the problem for which this technology is the solution?
- Whose problem is it?
- Which people and what institutions might be most seriously harmed by a technological solution?
- What new problems might be created because we have solved this problem?
- What sort of people and institutions might acquire special economic and political power because of technological change?
- What changes in language are being enforced by new technologies, and what is being gained and lost by such changes?
This assignment needs to be a minimum of 200 words.