Read Chapters 10 – 15 in your textbook and the case study on pg. 517.
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper answering the following questions that are at the end of the case study on pg. 517.
- 1)What are the facts of this case?
- 2)What are the management implications of this case? What should management be doing to protect their employees?
- 3) If Rosemary had been injured, who would have been responsible? What if the visitor attacked another patient? What are the legal and ethical obligations GCH has to its employees and to its patients and how do they apply to this case?
- 4)What would be the optimum physical space for these patients? How much do you think it would cost to install a panic alarm in the patients’ rooms? At the nurse’s station? A safe room? What are the costs of doing nothing?
- 5) create an emergency plan for the staff in this unit while they await administration’s decision on renovations.
Reference your readings and include a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar articles.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.