Learning Plan 8 Assignment: “When Transfer Backfires” Case Study
Directions: Review the case, “When the Transfer Backfires” in your textbook. Write a 2-3 page paper to answer the following questions.
- What are the facts Trent must consider now?
- What avenues are now open to Trent? What does this case say to you about the need for supervisors to act morally?
- Do you believe that some supervisors are untruthful where recommendations are concerned? Explain?
- What three functions are salaries meant to perform?
- To what extent should employee appraisals be used in salary adjustments? Explain.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox LP8 Assignment: “When Transfer Backfires” Case Study. This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide.
Rating Scale x Criteria = Total Points
|20-18||Work meets or exceeds criterion at a high level of competence.|
|17-16||Work reflects an understanding of criterion with minor misunderstandings/misconceptions.|
|15-14||Criterion partially met, but one or more important concepts/skills are missing or flawed.|
|13-12||Work reflects an attempt to meet criterion, but significant misunderstandings/misconceptions are apparent.|
|11-0||Criterion not met or work is absent.|
|1.||Student discussed the facts Trent must consider.|
|2.||Student discussed the avenues that are open to Trent and what this case says about the need for supervisors to act morally.|
|3.||Student discussed whether some supervisors are untruthful where recommendations are concerned and explain the position.|
|4.||Student discussed the three functions are salaries meant to perform.|
|5.||Student explained to what extent employee appraisals should be used in salary adjustments.|