this is due tomorrow and must be done by 7pm California time…..no late please….
Answer each of the following questions. Minumum 3 sentences for an answer
1. Why is it important to keep an open mind when listening to unfamiliar music?
2. John Blacking defines music as “humanly organized sound.” Is all music humanly organized? Is all humanly organized sound music? What is your definition of music?
3. Do you think CD 1, Track 1 (the Ghanaian postal workers whistling and canceling stamps), is music? Why or why not?
4. How are ethnicity, class, gender and religion embodied in country music, hip-hop, or some other music that you know about?
5. Do you think that the mass media mostly reflects musical taste, or does it have a major role in shaping musical taste?