Write a comprehensive job description for this position that will help you prepare for the interview process and address any questions you might receive from applicants
You are the hiring manager at a major home improvement retailer, Home Improvement Center, and need to fill a position for an exempt-status night shift supervisor. The applicants should have retail business experience, preferably in housewares, and at least some supervisory experience. You are looking for someone to fill third shift from 10 P.M.-6 A.M. There may be heavy lifting involved. Your company offers the industry standard for salary, benefits, and growth opportunities.
Write a comprehensive job description for this position that will help you prepare for the interview process and address any questions you might receive from applicants. Be sure to apply the guidelines for writing job descriptions you learned in your readings. You are also encouraged to conduct your own outside research on a major home improvement center and O*Net to help you complete this activity.
To successfully complete the assignments, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
· Write a comprehensive job description using the information provided.
· Apply the guidelines for writing job descriptions, as presented in your reading assignments this week.
· Conduct your own outside research to help you create a more realistic job description.
· Include a reference page to give credit to your sources.
Tips for Project Success
Make sure that you include all basic categories for the job description. Research for the industry will be required. Your job description needs to be realistic! Please note this is NOT a job advertisement. Cite and reference sources and include your name on the paper.
· This job description should not exceed 3 pages in length including the reference page. (Format: 12 point, single space, Times New Roman font).
· Please refrain from using a cover sheet (save the trees).
· Insert your name as a header on each page.