For this assignment, assume the role of a researcher in the qualitative analysis phase of the study. The data are gathered imported into MAXQDA for analysis. At this point, there are parent codes and sub-codes. However, the software requires human intervention to move past codes to categories and subsequently themes. Clearly, a category of “interview guide topics” cannot be used in the presentation of research results. In this assignment, you will access MAXQDA and practice creating categories and themes.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the document, “Using MAXQDA Assignment Resource,” located in the Course Materials for this topic.
- This assignment requires the use of MAXQDA software available in the DC. A link to the software is in the Course Materials for this topic.
- Refer to “Getting Started Video Tutorial” found in the Course Materials for this topic.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.